The longest skating track in the world
A popular activity in winter months is skating on the frozen Lipno, which attracts thousands of visitors from all over the Czech Republic and abroad
Duration of the trip: 1 week
- Lake Lipno freezes over from December to March
- As soon as the ice reaches a safe thickness, the best skating track in the Czech Republic with a length of over 11 km is regularly groomed between Lipno nad Vltavou and Frymburk.
- The skating track is 6-8 metres wide and entry is free
- It is the longest natural skating track in the world that is regularly groomed
- Cross-country skiing on the frozen Lipno is also possible
Combining skiing and skating is only possible at Lipno, just as is having an up to 11 km long trip on skates
The starting point of the skating track is by the Captaincy of the Marina Lipno dock. There you can borrow skates.
Did you know?
The skating track is groomed with a special machine which is even able to float. Ice is regularly measured to ensure 100% safety of skaters.