LIPNO SKI RESORT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Operator: LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. With its registered seat at Lipno nad Vltavou 307, post code 382 78, Company ID No.: 260 16 885, listed in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court of České Budějovice, Section C, File 9229, responsible person: Antonín Kolář
Every visitor is obliged to read these terms and conditions prior to entering the LIPNO SKI RESORT and to comply with their provisions.
I. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry to Lipno Ski Resort (hereinafter also referred to as the “Ski Resort”), which is operated by the company LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. (i.e. is located on premises which are the property of, have been leased to, or are otherwise used by LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o.), is at the visitor’s own risk. LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. shall not be liable for damage to the property or health of visitors to Lipno Ski Resort, if it is caused by conduct which does not comply with applicable laws and the Lipno Ski Resort Terms and Conditions issued by LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o.
- Adherence to the Lipno Ski Resort Terms and Conditions may be monitored by persons authorised to do so (hereinafter referred to as “authorised persons”). An authorised person is any employee of LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. dressed in a LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. winter uniform (which always bears the company name) or an employee who introduces themselves and informs visitors of their position in the company LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o., and proves their authorisation with a permit issued by LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. An authorised person may expel a visitor found to be in violation of the terms and conditions from the ski resort or its transportation
- It is prohibited for persons to run business activities or other gainful activities (i.e. operating refreshment facilities, selling sports equipment, running a ski school, etc.) anywhere on the premises of the ski resort (chairlifts, surface lifts and other buildings and land belonging to or leased to LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o.) without the prior written consent of, or without first entering into a written agreement with LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o., regardless of whether or not such a person is licensed to conduct such business activities, or whether such an activity is systematic, random or one-time
- Such persons shall also include employees carrying out activities for a natural or legal person conducting a business or other gainful activity, or a person carrying out activities for such a natural or legal person on other legal grounds, whether paid or unpaid. Persons found to be in violation of this provision may be expelled from the ski resort or its transportation. In the interest of the safety of other users of the ski resort, persons legally organising group training (more than 2 students and an instructor) are obliged to give notice of their intention to the operator of the ski resort in advance
- Persons failing to comply with this obligation shall be considered to be in violation of the terms and conditions and may be expelled from the ski resort or its transportation. Such persons shall also include employees of, or persons in a business or other similar relationship with such an organiser
- Visitors to the premises are aware that, as part of various events, the operator of Lipno Ski Resort may take photographs of visitors or make audio or visual recordings featuring visitors. Visitors consent to the capture of such photographs or audio or video recordings (hereinafter referred to as “recordings”) free of charge and also consent to the operator publishing such recordings featuring visitors (e.g. photographs) free of charge for the purposes of promoting its activities, however exclusively on the websites www.skiareallipno.cz, zima.lipnoservis.cz, www.lipno.info, www.activeparklipno.cz, www.lipnoservis.cz, www.stezkakorunamistromu.cz, www.campinglipno.cz and on the Facebook pages of Lipno Ski Resort (Skiareál Lipno), Active Park Lipno and the Lipno Modřín Camp Site (Kemp Modřín Lipno), or on printed information materials published by the operator and distributed to third parties for the above specified purpose. A list of information materials in which a recording may be published is available to view in the marketing department of Lipno Servis s.r.o.
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CABLEWAYS
- By purchasing a ticket, passengers using the transport of the Lipno Ski Resort undertake to respect the Transport and Tariff Conditions (see Article V.) and these terms and conditions issued by LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. • After purchase, every passenger shall check all details on their ticket. If any discrepancies are found on the ticket, a claim must be made immediately after purchase. Claims made at a later time will not be taken into consideration
- Passengers are obliged in particular: to carry a valid ticket on their person and to show it to an authorised person upon request to pass through a turnstile which will check and record their ticket prior to boarding a means of transport to follow the instructions of an authorised person of the operator and instructions (symbols, notices, warnings, etc.) located on means of transport in the surrounding area
- A valid ticket shall mean: a ticket for a single ride on the relevant means of transport a time-limited ticket entitling the bearer to multiple individual rides for the duration of its validity to a limited extent on all means of transport operated by LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. in the Lipno Ski Resort a point-based ticket entitling the bearer to multiple rides according to the number of points on the ticket and the selected type of transport
- Reimbursement of a fare or a part thereof is provided in the event of a technical breakdown of over 50% of the transport operated by LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. lasting for more than two hours. Reimbursement is provided in the form of a new ticket matching the ticket purchased on the day of a breakdown
- Group discounts apply for organised groups. A list of names with the stamp of the school or organisation must be submitted when claiming a discount
- An authorised person is entitled to cancel a ticket without compensation, especially in cases where: the ticket is intentionally damaged the ticket is used by an unauthorised person the ticket is otherwise damaged in the event of a gross violation of the terms and conditions on means of transport or ski slopes
- Smoking is prohibited aboard means of transport. Persons found to be under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances, or persons who endanger or illegally limit other visitors to the resort may be expelled from transport. Authorised persons are entitled to expel visitors from transport
- Chairlifts are open to the public daily at the following times:
LIPNO EXPRESS 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. PROMENÁDNÍ 8:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. STŘECHA 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Visitors riding the chairlifts must respect the Chairlift Terms of Transport, which are freely available outside the ticket office. Persons who fail to observe the Chairlift Terms of Transport shall be subject to proceedings in accordance with Czech law.
- Children shorter than 1.25 m (4 ft 1 in) must not ride means of transport unaccompanied. Accompanying persons must be capable of providing such children with the necessary assistance. Transporting groups of children may be subject to special provisions. Students wearing clothing properly marked with the name SKISCHOOL LIPNO have priority access to reserved means of transport.
III. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SKI SLOPES
- Ski slopes are open while chairlifts are in operation. An electronic map displaying current information on the operation of ski slopes, chairlifts and surface lifts can be can be found in the area of the ticket offices.
- Evening skiing is offered daily on slope No. 7 LIPNO EXPRESS from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Skiers and snowboarders use groomed ski slopes at their own risk. Participants shall ensure the safety of themselves and other visitors. Hiking and sledging on ski slopes is prohibited. In the interest of the safety of other users of the ski resort, it is prohibited for more than 3 persons to travel along ski slopes in a row (so-called “trains”)
- The operator of the ski resort may allow exceptions to this requirement in justified cases (e.g. for organising a training course). However, persons moving in such a manner must always use sufficiently distinctive additional gear (reflexive vests, etc.) approved by the operator of the ski resort. Persons failing to comply with this obligation shall be considered to be in violation of the terms and conditions and may be expelled from the ski resort or its transportation
- Failure to comply with the following conditions of conduct in particular while on ski slopes may be grounds for expulsion from the ski slopes: all visitors are obliged to adapt their choice of slope and speed of descent to their abilities, the difficulty and condition of the slope, weather conditions and visibility at all times overtaking on ski slopes is permitted on both sides and the persons overtaking are always responsible for ensuring that they overtake safely it is prohibited to stop on blind and busy sections of ski slopes
- Without the consent of the management of LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o., it is prohibited to erect any obstacles or snow structures (e.g. slalom tracks, snow ramps, etc.)
- In the interest of the safety of other users of the ski resort, it is prohibited for more than 3 persons to travel along ski slopes in a row. The operator of the ski resort may allow exceptions to this requirement in justified cases (e.g. for organising a training course). However, persons moving in such a manner must always use sufficiently distinctive additional gear (reflexive vests, etc.) approved by the operator of the ski resort. Persons failing to comply with this obligation shall be considered to be in violation of the terms and conditions and may be expelled from the ski resort or its transportation
- Every user of the ski slopes and means of transport is obliged to provide help to an injured person and to report the accident to employees of LIPNO SERVIS or the Mountain Rescue Service
- Every visitor is obliged to observe the provisions of these regulations and to follow the instructions of authorised persons of the company LIPNO SERVIS and Mountain Rescue Service workers. Persons found to be in violation of these regulations and the instructions of authorised persons may be expelled from means of transport and shall be fully liable for any damages incurred by the operator of the ski resort or third parties as a result
- Grooming of ski slopes is primarily carried out after the operating hours of means of transport. For this reason, the ski slopes are closed at 4:15 p.m. when the operating hours end. After this time, it is strictly prohibited to enter the ski slopes due to the increased risk of injury
- With regard to snow and weather conditions, the following may also be carried out during the opening hours of the ski resort: grooming of slopes with snow vehicles. These are equipped with a warning light for such situations covering of ski slopes with artificial snow. Snowmaking technology is signposted at a sufficient distance and, if need be, is fenced off inside a pen or net. While snow cannons are in operation, users of ski slopes must adjust their speed to safely pass through the artificially covered section and shall do so without putting other skiers at risk. Tampering with snow cannons is strictly prohibited
- After prior agreement, LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. reserves the right to allow training and skiing competitions on certain ski slopes of the Lipno Ski Resort. A written notice will be put up by the surface lift ticket office informing visitors of such a situation. This will provide information on the time of the training or competition and the ski slope or part thereof which will be used for such an event. The designated ski slope or part thereof will be clearly closed and marked by the organiser of the training or competition
- During skiing lessons the appropriate teaching staff member is responsible in particular: for selecting a ski slope with a reasonable difficulty level lessons shall be organised in accordance with the current traffic on the ski slopes
IV. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SNOWPARK AND SKI CROSS TRACK
- Rides and movement around the snowpark and along the ski cross track is entirely at the visitor’s own risk
- The snowboard park is for snowboarding and freestyle skiing only. Other activities are prohibited
- The ski cross track is designed for all skiers who possess adequate skiing abilities to negotiate it safely
- Carrying or otherwise interfering with obstacles is strictly prohibited. Such activities are the responsibility of the manager of the snowpark and ski cross track only
- Riders must not overestimate their capabilities, skills and strength and must ensure their own personal safety and wear pads and a helmet
- The operator of the resort is in no way liable for accidents and injuries which occur in the snowpark and on the ski cross track
- Visitors are obliged to keep the park and surrounding area tidy, and must not endanger other users with their behaviour
- Entering the snowpark or ski cross track is prohibited while snowcats are grooming the snow
- All visitors to the snowpark and ski cross track are obliged to respect the instructions and guidelines of the snowpark and ski cross track manager
- Authorised persons are entitled to expel anyone who violates these terms and conditions from the snowpark and ski cross track
V. TRANSPORT AND TARIFF CONDITIONS FOR THE LIPNO “EXPRESS”, “PROMENÁDNÍ” AND “STŘECHA” CHAIRLIFTS AND OTHER MEANS OF TRANSPORT IN THE LIPNO SKI RESORT
- In accordance with Section 49 of Decree of the Ministry of Transport and Communications No. 175/2000 Coll., of 15 June 2000 on transport rules for public rail and road passenger transport, LIPNO SERVIS, s.r.o. hereby publishes a substantial part of the Terms and Conditions of Carriage for Public Passenger Transport (hereinafter referred to as the CL TCC – Chairlift Terms and Conditions of Carriage) and the fares for chairlifts and other means of transport in the Lipno Ski Resort
- CL workers are obliged to provide an explanation of individual provisions upon request and shall also allow visitors to consult the CL TCC
- A fundamental document is Act No. 266/1994 Coll., on rail systems, as amended
- In accordance with Section 37 of the above-mentioned Act, the Ministry of Transport and Communications declared Decree No.175/2000 Coll., on transport rules for public rail and road passenger transport (hereinafter referred to as the “transport rules”). LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. declared its own Terms and Conditions of Carriage with effect from 05 December 2008 as the Terms and Conditions of Carriage for Chairlifts and Other Means of Transport in the Lipno Ski Resort. Pricing is governed by the applicable price assessment of the Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic.
- Transport Contract and Tickets:
- Transport is carried out on the basis of a contract between the operator and the passenger. The contract is expressed in the form of a ticket. The Terms and Conditions of Carriage are an integral part of the contract and the passenger is obliged to comply with them. By purchasing a ticket the passenger undertakes to respect all provisions of the Chairlift Terms and Conditions of Carriage of LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. These are applicable from the moment of boarding to the moment of alighting from a means of transport.
- Tickets are sold at the chairlift ticket office and passengers are obliged to submit them for inspection at any time during transportation if requested to do so by an authorised and properly designated chairlift operator, or in areas around the chairlifts marked as accessible to the public with a valid ticket.
- A ticket shall not be valid: if the passenger fails to comply with the conditions specified in the CL TCC it is damaged or has been altered to such an extent that the necessary information for verifying its correct usage is not visible the information on the ticket does not correspond to the reality, it has been altered without authorisation, is used by an unauthorised person, or contravenes the valid Fare Price List. UPON ASCERTAINING SUCH A FACT, AN AUTHORISED PERSON SHALL CANCEL THE TICKET WITHOUT REFUNDING THE FARE AND SHALL EXPEL THE PASSENGER FROM THE MEANS OF TRANSPORT!
- A refund shall not be provided for lost or stolen tickets, nor shall a duplicate ticket be issued.
- The ticket is valid according to the type of fare on the day indicated on the ticket.
- Persons with reduced mobility requiring special assistance or the use of special means of transport due to their disability, must consent to the operator’s transport provisions. Passengers shall inform a chairlift operator of this fact without delay prior to using the transport so that the operator may slow down or stop the chairlift.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited while riding a chairlift.
- Special Regulations:
- Children shorter than 1.25 m (4 ft 1 in) must not ride means of transport unaccompanied. Accompanying persons must be capable of providing such children with the necessary assistance. Transporting groups of children may be subject to special provisions.
- Passengers may only enter the boarding area when operators are present.
- Prior to boarding, passengers must remove their hands from their ski pole straps, but must keep hold of their poles.
- Passengers who are unable to board a chairlift properly must not attempt to hold onto the seat, but must let it go immediately.
- The opening and closing of safety gates is governed by signs located in the area of the chairlifts. Each passenger must pay attention to their fellow passengers on the same seat.
- It is prohibited to jump off the seats, even if the chairlift stops for a prolonged period.
- During winter operation passengers must have their skis (skibobs, snowboards, skiboards) attached to their feet, where the skis, with raised tips, must be held parallel to the direction of travel and placed on the footrests. For skiers using chairlifts boarding stations are: LIPNO, KYSELOV and BŘEZOVICE, exit stations are: VYHLÍDKA, SLUPEČNÝ VRCH and KRAMOLÍN
- Before exiting the chairlift, passengers must ensure that they are not fastened to the seat.
- Passengers who do not exit the chairlift at an exit point must remain in their seats and await the instructions of an operating employee.
- Conduct of passengers – basic rules:
- Passengers must conduct themselves with regard to the type of transport so as not to endanger their own safety, the safety of the equipment, or that of other passengers and the surrounding area, thereby not disrupting smooth operation
- To this end, they are particularly required to
- Protection of passengers’ personal data
- If expelled from transport, passengers are obliged to show their personal data to ensure their rights. If a passenger fails to comply with this obligation, the police of the Czech Republic may be called and this may be considered an offence pursuant to Act No. 200/1990 Coll., on offences, as amended.
- The presentation of personal data in cases specified in these Terms and Conditions does not contravene Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the protection of personal data, as it is not intended for processing and gathering information, but rather its aim is to ensure rights. Any potential complaints, notifications or suggestions may be submitted to the chairlift head or deputy head at the chairlift ticket office by way of a written entry in the Requests and Complaints Book, which is available at the chairlift ticket office. Complaints will be handled by LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o. within 30 days and the complainant will be informed of the outcome of the investigation in writing.
- A valid timetable will be published for all seasons, in particular for summer and winter operation. This timetable will be posted at all stations.
- In the case of adverse weather conditions or excessively high wind speeds, in the interest of ensuring the safety of passengers, the operator is obliged to reduce the carrying capacity of means of transport or to cancel transport without refunding the fare. A refund of fares, or a proportionate part thereof, shall be provided in the event of a technical breakdown of more than 50% of the means of transport of LIPNO SERVIS s.r.o., lasting longer than two hours. Reimbursement is provided in the form of a newly issued ticket corresponding to the earlier purchased ticket on the day of a breakdown.
- In winter, the chairlifts “LIPNO EXPRESS”, “PROMENÁDNÍ” and “STŘECHA” are designated for one-way public transport during daytime hours. In the case of the track “LIPNO EXPRESS”, (stations “LIPNO” and “VYHLÍDKA”), evening service also runs in winter. In summer, the chairlifts “LIPNO EXPRESS” and “PROMENÁDNÍ” are designated for traffic in both directions during daytime hours.
- In summer on the chairlifts “LIPNO EXPRESS” (station “LIPNO”) and “PROMENÁDNÍ” (station “KYSELOV”), every passenger with a valid chairlift ticket may transport one bicycle as luggage free of charge on the seat with the help of chairlift employees. Only two passengers may ride on a seat carrying a bicycle.
VI. JOINT PROVISIONS
These Terms and Conditions do not apply to the training grounds FOX PARK and BAMBINI PARK.
In the event that a consumer dispute which cannot be resolved by mutual agreement arises between the provider/seller/operator and a consumer on the basis of a purchase agreement / an agreement for the provision of services, the consumer may file a petition for an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) to the designated extrajudicial body for resolving consumer disputes, namely the Czech Trade Inspection Authority, ADR Department, Štěpánská 15 120 00 Prague 2
Consumers may use the online dispute resolution platform established by the European Commission at the address ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.